Element Analytics, a software provider in IT/OT data management for industrial companies, announced a new offering featuring an API integration between its Element Unify product and AWS IoT SiteWise, a managed service from Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS) that makes it easy to collect, store, organize, and monitor data from industrial equipment at scale. The API integration is designed to give customers the ability to centralize plant data model integration and metadata management, enabling data to be ingested into AWS services, including AWS IoT SiteWise and Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) industrial data lake.
Available in AWS Marketplace, the Element Unify AWS IoT Sitewise API integration is designed to allow engineers and operators to monitor operations across facilities, quickly compute performance metrics, create applications that analyze industrial equipment data to prevent costly equipment issues, and reduce gaps in production.
Element also announced its ISO27001 certification proving both the security controls to protect customer data and the Information Security Management System (ISMS) to provide governance, risk management, and controls required for modern SaaS applications. Element Unify also supports AWS PrivateLink to provide an additional level of network security and control for customers.
Element Unify, which aligns IT and operational technology (OT) around contextualized industrial IoT data, delivers key enterprise integration and governance capabilities to industrials. This provides them with rich insight, enabling smarter, more efficient operations. By integrating previously siloed and critical time-series metadata generated by sensors across industrial operations with established IT systems, such as Enterprise Asset Management, IT and OT teams can now work together using context data for their entire industrial IoT environment.
Through the API integration, AWS IoT SiteWise customers can now:
- Centralize plant data model integration and metadata management into a single contextual service for consumption by AWS IoT SiteWise.
- Ingest data directly into AWS services, including AWS IoT SiteWise and Amazon S3 data lake.
- Integrate and contextualize metadata from IT/OT sources in single-site, multi-site, and multi-instance deployments, and deploy the data model(s) to AWS IoT SiteWise.
- Enable metadata to be imported into AWS IoT SiteWise from the customers systems through Inductive Automation Ignition and PTC KEPServerEX to create context data.
- Keep both greenfield and brownfield AWS IoT SiteWise asset models and asset hierarchies updated as the Element Unify models adapt to changes in the underlying data.
- Close the gap between raw, siloed, and disorganized IT/OT data and enriched, contextualized, and structured data that can be easily paired with business intelligence (BI), analytical tools, and condition monitoring tools like AWS IoT SiteWise.
- Empower the user to build complex asset data models with ease.
- Build and deploy data models to AWS IoT SiteWise and keep them up to date with changes happening in source systems.
- Create the underlying data models to power AWS IoT SiteWise and many other analytical systems including Amazon SageMaker, Amazon QuickSight, and Amazon Lookout for Equipment.