Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., announced Lumada Manufacturing Insights, a suite of industrial internet-of-things (IoT) solutions that empower the manufacturing industry to achieve transformative outcomes from data-driven insights. Using artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and DataOps, Lumada Manufacturing Insights helps optimize machine, production and quality outcomes to set the foundation of digital innovation that is essential to Manufacturing 4.0.
Lumada Manufacturing Insights applies data science rigor to drive continuous improvement opportunities based on predictive and prescriptive analytics. The solution integrates with existing applications and delivers actionable insights without the need for a rip-and-replace change of costly manufacturing equipment or applications. Lumada Manufacturing Insights supports a variety of deployment options and can run on-premises or in the cloud.
Providing machine, production and quality analytics, Lumada Manufacturing Insights drives transformational business outcomes by enabling customers to:
- Build on the intelligent manufacturing maturity model and empower the digital innovation foundation for continuous process improvement.
- Integrate data silos and stranded assets and augment data from video, lidar and other advanced sensors to drive innovative new use cases for competitive advantage.
- Drive 4M (machine, man, material and methods) correlations for root-cause analysis at scale.
- Evaluate overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and enhancement recommendations based on advanced AI and ML techniques.
- Evaluate scheduling efficiency and optimize for varying workloads, rates of production and workorder backlogs
- Monitor and guide product quality with predictive and prescriptive insights.
- Improve precision of demand forecast and adherence to production plans and output.
- Lumada Manufacturing Insights will be available worldwide Sept. 30, 2019.
Mike Guilfoyle, ARC Advisory Group, commented, "The big challenge for manufacturers is how to effectively manage the cost, resources and market pressures of supporting use cases for the immediate now and the transformative future. Doing so requires a portfolio approach to transformation and a digital innovation foundation that is platform agnostic, secure and edge-to-multicloud capable. This is central to Manufacturing 4.0, and helps manufacturers accelerate time to value as they grow their digital competency."