Hitachi Vantara, the digital solutions subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., announced advancements to the Lumada software platform and industry solutions to accelerate the digital transformation of industrial processes. These offerings help deliver real-time, actionable insights that accelerate the ability to predict problem areas, streamline production and maintenance, and create a connected supply chain – resulting in enhanced operational efficiency, minimal revenue disruptions, and product quality improvements.
Lumada is Hitachi’s digital platform that connects data, assets, and people to fuel industry innovation. It is the software foundation for Lumada Industry Solutions that extract data-driven insight and help drive better operational and business outcomes. The updated Lumada portfolio allows customers to automate tasks and make faster decisions by training data models in the cloud and deploying them to edge devices, creating actionable insights from diverse data sets at lower infrastructure cost.
Delivering Deeper Insights and Faster Time to Value
Hitachi Vantara is helping to accelerate industrial digitalization with major enhancements to data-driven offerings for manufacturing, extending AI and automation from edge to core, and delivering deep real-time insights from new combinations of data and connections.
Lumada Manufacturing Insights:
- This industry solution delivers greater visibility across a customers' supply chain subsystems with the supply chain module’s ability to implement supply chain control tower solutions and take direct, demand-driven action.
- Integrating and correlating data from multiple sources– from asset health data to vibration, video, lidar and audio – to detect potential failure of a machine, manufacturers can better predict points of failure and perform preventive maintenance, reducing downtime and improving output.
- Also new is the ability to automate forms for digitization of factory floor processes – a practice that is still largely done with pen, paper, and spreadsheets – to establish ‘if this, then that’ protocols across manufacturing processes.
- Lumada Manufacturing Insights is now also available on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace for easier integration with Microsoft cloud environments.
Smart Spaces & Lumada Video Insights:
- These industry solutions leverage new workflow automation within Hitachi Visualization Suite and a mobile application for improved team collaboration and incident response.
- An expanded Hitachi Edge Gateway portfolio includes industry-tailored and “ruggedized” versions that allow for data integration from sources such as trains, industrial spaces, or first responder vehicles and equipment, and includes higher compute power at the edge with CPU or GPU options to enable new outcomes, and make faster, more data-driven decisions.
- Sensor fusion creates the ability to co-analyze video, lidar, and other data to enable new use cases such as quality assurance and analysis of human-machine interaction, while improving accuracy.
Lumada Edge Intelligence:
- Integration between the Lumada software platform and Google Cloud allows customers to speedup data preparation by adjusting resources on-demand and combining multiple data types for better insights.
- Updates to Lumada Edge Intelligence also simplify Machine Learning workflows by pushing models to edge devices for faster automated decision-making without reliance on point tools.
- New APIs for edge management and data access allow reuse of assets, gateways, and software to create integrated solutions utilizing existing infrastructure.