Industry and Client: The customer is a major microscope manufacturer headquartered in Europe. They have a decade long partnership with L&T Technology Services (LTTS) for supporting their product launches.
Challenges: LTTS’s team of engineers were onboarded to:
- Revitalize the customer’s microscope algorithms
- Expedite image processing
- Streamline feature detection and classification
Approach and Solution: A major highlight of the engagement was the development of a parented algorithm to generate a composite image and depth map for a Z series image stack. Unlike the existing technologies and products in the market, LTTS’ EDoF algorithm generates high quality multi-focus images without missing any information of the specimen. It also keeps the scale of the object same across tiles, minimizes alignment errors, and retains the shape and geometry of the object.
LTTS’ patented focus stacking algorithm processes images two times faster as compared to other industrial standards. The LTTS team also supported the customer in implementing multiple algorithms that detect key features and extract them from the images for measurement and analysis.
LTTS’ Key Differentiators:
- Process automation engineering
- Dedicated lab for imaging and microscopy
- Multi-vertical, cross-domain expertise
- Automation testing solutions
- Extended IP stack across industries
- Training modules and UI creation for streamlined user experiences
- Machine learning algorithms for cell analysis
- Automated testing facilities
- Facilitated 17 market releases
- Two times faster image processing as compared to industry standards
- Minimized restrictions on image sizes (capable of processing up to 3GB)