ADLINK Technology has announced the general release of its ADLINK Edge IoT solution which helps enable industry to gain maximum business value from rapidly deploying IoT technology.
The solution’s capability has been developed and deployed in a variety of highly diverse use cases delivering ROI including:
- Automating warehouse logistics with smart scanning of pallets
- Enabling predictive maintenance and a new business model for a gas turbine manufacturer
- Optimizing efficiency for a race car engine performance with machine condition monitoring, machine vision and machine learning
- Enabling automation and reducing time to market for a new product with barcode smart scanning for a meat supplier
- Reducing downtime and optimizing efficiency in a defense industry materials testing facility
- Enabling smart remote monitoring of mobile generators providing continuous power during recovery from a natural disaster
With no programming necessary, ADLINK can connect previously unconnected operational equipment, sensors and devices. Then, by tapping into native communication protocols, data can be captured and streamed at the edge. From the edge, this data can then be streamed securely between devices - databases and to the cloud, enabling analysis and easy visualization to inform decisions and optimize operations in real time.
ADLINK Edge is deployed via the company’s Digital Experiments methodology that can include hardware, software and support elements for integration with any existing IT and OT system. This provides a secure and cost-effective approach to validate business value from IoT and define a roadmap before investing time and resources in a full-scale implementation.
ADLINK Edge is built upon the ADLINK Data River, which simplifies complex data network programming and enables data to flow freely but securely northbound or southbound, to any cloud analytic platform database and even east to west between devices, databases and the cloud.
ADLINK Edge also includes the ADLINK Marketplace containing apps that are connectors enabling 3rd party services to translate between devices and applications, or devices and peer devices. Using these apps, IoT Architects are free to implement best-in-class technologies appropriate to solve the particular business problem they face.
The ADLINK Profile Builder is also contained in ADLINK Edge and is a tool that very simply helps users configure and deploy all the apps to communicate with end-points, devices or applications into the platform deployed across a customer’s ecosystem.