Schneider Electric released its new Square D X and XD Series connected wiring devices. The new X Series has a refreshed modern style and is designed for easier installation and for smart home compatibility. The new XD Series adds additional options and design features, a wider range of colors and a more sophisticated cover plate option that can be changed easier, which enables homeowners to change the look without rewiring the device.
Connectivity of this new product lines has been elevated to meet the requirements of home wiring devices being part of an overall grid-to-plug solution, including embedded sensors that monitor energy consumption and helping to enable intelligent home energy management via Wi-Fi and Z-Wave. This real-time energy monitoring can provide greater insight into energy down to the device level, providing increased levels of control to homeowners through the Wiser Energy monitoring app to help better optimize their overall home energy use.
The all new Square D connected wiring devices help to bring greater functionality along with an increased ease of installation and safety:
- Tamper-resistant shutters are designed for increased safety without making it visibly obvious
- Side-mounted pressure plates help to speed wiring time with increased accessibility
- Larger cutouts allow for easier-access space for wire snips
- Self-grounded clips replace ground wire for media box application
- Ground wire holes help for faster installation of the ground wire to the ground screw
The new Square D X Series line of connected wiring devices is now available, and the XD series line will be available in October.