Stratus Technologies announced the 2nd generation of its ztC Edge platform, the Edge Computing platform that combines built-in application virtualization and fault tolerance in a more easy-to-install, ruggedized design for the industrial edge. The new ztC Edge offers up to 200% greater performance over the prior ztC Edge generation. The compute platform is suited for running critical applications and building Smart Machines in Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Food & Beverage, and other industries where data loss and unplanned downtime are not acceptable.
In addition, the company announced new versions of its virtualization, remote system management, and fault tolerance software: Stratus Redundant Linux, ztC Advisor, and everRun, respectively – furthering the continuous availability of Stratus computing platforms.
Greater Performance and Flexibility with ztC Edge 200i and 250i
The second-generation ztC Edge platform adds features refined by customer and partner feedback and delivers sizable performance gains by incorporating the latest technologies available for speed and reliability. These features include:
- Greater CPU power – up to 10 Intel® Xeon cores to process larger workloads, more thin clients, and more complex applications
- Incorporation of ECC memory – support for ECC memory optimized for critical applications and data
- Upgrade to NVMe storage – support for faster and more advanced NVMe storage, up to 2 TB, enabling local or on-machine historians
- More flexible deployment – ability to deploy ztC Edge and more easily pair additional ztC Edge platforms later to add capacity as well as high availability or fault tolerance, offering more supply chain flexibility for both VARs and end users
These enhancements add to ztC Edge’s existing specific features that are critical at the industrial edge, including:
- UL Class I Div 2 certification and IP40 rating for operation in more rugged environments
- Built-in virtualization supporting Linux or Windows guest OS’s
- High availability or fault tolerance modes when paired
- Design based on ISA/IEC 62443 security standards
- Simple plug-n-play deployment and self-monitoring maintenance
Through Stratus’ Strategic Alliance partners, the ztC Edge 250i is performance tested to run four virtual machines (VMs), up to 20 thin clients, and control architectures up to 10,000 I/Os. For more details about the ztC Edge 200i and 250i, visit the Stratus ztC Edge page.
Both the ztC Edge 200i and 250i are scheduled to be available in Q4 of 2021, and are available immediately for pre-order from any Stratus Authorized Partner.
Latest Software Releases Deliver Improved Deployment, Remote System Management, and Security
Stratus software provides the system intelligence and management layers that help to enable complete edge solutions combining application virtualization, fault tolerance, and remote operation. Updates to Stratus software products include:
- Stratus Redundant Linux (SRL) 2.3 – The latest version of Stratus’ built-in virtualization OS features the latest CVE remediations and a new configuration wizard to help simplify pairing of ztC Edge units to enable high availability or fault tolerance. SRL 2.3 is available for download for fielded ztC Edge 100i and 110i platforms and will ship with new ztC Edge 100i, 110i, 200i, and 250i platforms.
- ztC Advisor 1.1 – ztC Advisor provides business, operations, and IT with a centralized systems management solution that offers at-a-glance health monitoring, software information, and status across their entire ztC Edge inventory. The newest software adds a “partner mode” for SIs and VARs to manage ztC Edge platforms for customers when enabled by end users.
- everRun 7.9 – Stratus’ fault tolerance software, which enables teams to deploy Stratus’ fault tolerance to third-party servers, adds support for Intel Ice Lake processors and Linux Debian OS, and includes a range of software updates and CVE remediations.
The updated Stratus software versions are scheduled for release by the end of Q3 2021. The software will be available to existing customers on Support contracts at no additional charge.