Siemens announced a key milestone for its steam turbine factory in Vadodara with the roll-out of the 1,000th steam turbine from the factory. The 1,000th turbine is a 29 megawatt (MW) waste heat recovery steam turbine for JK Cement, the second largest manufacturer of white cement in India. Waste heat recovery is an economic method to increase the overall efficiency of the plant and, thus, lower fuel demand.
- Siemens Announces 1,000th Steam Turbine Completion Milestone from Vadodara Factory
- Schlumberger’s Acquisition of Flaresim Leads to Integrated Flare System Analysis SoftwareSchlumberger is bringing flare and process simulation software together to create an all-inclusive software package for flare system analysis.
- Hitachi Vantara Brings Industrial IoT to the Production Floor with Lumada Manufacturing InsightsHitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., announced Lumada Manufacturing Insights, a suite of industrial IoT solutions that empower the manufacturing industry to achieve transformative outcomes from data-driven insights.
- Machine Tools Industry – Development and OutlookRecent years were favorable for machine tools industry shareholders, but circumstances changed drastically in the last quarters and threaten future development.
- Experts Debate Use of Cybersecurity ProfilesAwareness of the cybersecurity risks to industrial systems has increased significantly in recent years in response to several widely reported incidents. It is now generally accepted that either a targeted or non-targeted attack could trigger serious consequences, even with cybersecurity profiles.
- Drivers and Challenges of Artificial Intelligence in ManufacturingAt the recent ARC India Forum, “Driving Digital Transformation in Industry and Cities,” Mitsubishi Electric participated as a Global Sponsor. This provided the company with an ideal opportunity to showcase its offerings and expertise in artificial intelligence in manufacturing.
- Plant and Infrastructure Design Software Selection
This evaluation and selection guide will help organizations select the best plant engineering design tools (EDT), infrastructure design applications, and building information modeling (BIM) software for their business and infrastructure requirements.
The need for plant engineering design tools (EDT), infrastructure design applications and building information modeling (BIM) continues high growth globally.
- BHGE and C3.ai Announce Release of First AI Application - BHC3 ReliabilityBaker Hughes, a GE company and C3.ai announced the launch of BHC3 Reliability, the first artificial intelligence (AI) software application developed by the BakerHughesC3.ai joint venture.
- China HuanQiu Contracting and Engineering Corporation (HQC) Implements Aspen Technology Software to Maximize Safety, Throughput, and Profitability
Aspen Technology, the asset optimization software company, recently announced that China HuanQiu Contracting and Engineering Corporation (HQC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of China Petroleum Engineering, has implemented Aspen HYSYS Dynamics software to maximize safety, throughput, and profits at the design phase of critical systems. The easy adoption of dynamic process simulation software advances HQC’s digital transformation journey to increase asset value and improve performance early in the asset lifecycle.
- Nokia, NTT DOCOMO and OMRON Bring 5G to the Factory Floor in "Layout-Free" Industry 4.0 trialNokia, NTT DOCOMO, INC. and OMRON Corporation have agreed to conduct joint field trials using 5G at their plants and other production sites. As part of the trial, Nokia will provide the enabling 5G technology and OMRON the factory automation equipment, while NTT DOCOMO will run the 5G trial.
- StarlingX Community’s 2.0 Release Features Cloud-native Kubernetes Platform and Containerized OpenStackRelease 2.0 of StarlingX, a hardened platform that integrates OpenStack and Kubernetes, is now available. StarlingX 2.0 leverages further building blocks to build open infrastructure and provide flexibility, robustness and support for mixed workloads.
- Need for Production Optimization Increases Demand for APC and Online OptimizationNew ARC Advisory Group research on the Advanced Process Control (APC) and Online Optimization market reveals that demand will increase by the need for production optimization. The process industries are under constant pressure to improve performance. This is driving demand for advanced process control and optimization solutions, which are becoming “must haves” in an increasingly competitive industry landscape.
- IAA - The Long-established Automotive Industry Under PressureDeclining sales while trying to keep up with future technologies put pressure on the automotive industry. The IAA show is a clear indicator of the situation.
- HIMA and ECT Partnership - SIL-rated Hardware for Rotating Machinery ApplicationsThe partnership between HIMA and ECT, combines SIL-rated products and a worldwide sales presence with capabilities and experience in the rotating machinery market.
- Saudi Arabia’s New Economic CitiesEconomic Cities are a strategic project for the Kingdom of Saudi-Arabia. ‘Vision 2030’ is driving the efforts to diversify and modernize its economy.
- Advanced Process Control and Online Optimization Capital spending on process assets, hydro processing, and chemical manufacturing continues to shrink, which in turn has provided the window of opportunity for process manufacturers to optimize existing assets. The advanced process control (APC) and online optimization software and services market has shown sustainable high single-digit growth.
- Mitsubishi Electric Releases General Purpose Power Inverter Series and Metal Corrosion Sensor Designed for Mounting on PCBsMitsubishi Electric Corporation announced that it will release the FR-E800 series power inverters, with a range of 44 new models, on December 9.
- Machine Safeguarding Solutions SelectionARC's Machine Safeguarding Solutions selection guide helps industrial companies select the best industrial machine safeguarding solution based on their requirements to protect industrial assets and processes.
- Energy Efficiency and Digitization Drive Low Voltage AC Drives Market GrowthNew ARC Advisory Group research on the low voltage AC drives market reveals that urbanization, growing emerging markets, and global trends such as sustainability, energy efficiency, and digitalization are shaping the market.
- GE Digital Launches Plant Applications 8.0, a Multi-Modal Manufacturing Execution System GE Digital announced the general availability of Plant Applications 8.0, a multi-modal Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Yokogawa Acquires RAP International, Specialists in Control of Works for Field Service and Plant MaintenanceYokogawa Electric Corporation announced the signing of an agreement with UK-based RAP International Ltd. (RAP) for Yokogawa to acquire all shares of the company and make RAP a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- AC Drives - Low VoltageThe need for new infrastructure, safe food and water supply, increasing population, energy-efficient and climate-friendly solutions, and new investments in process industries will drive growth in the low voltage AC drives market.
- Journey Toward the Cognitive EnterpriseKnowledge Lens, a relatively new company, participated as a Silver Sponsor at ARC’s India Forum, Driving Digital Transformation in Industry and Cities. As a first-time participant, the Forum provided an ideal opportunity for the company to showcase its offerings, leading to the journey toward the cognitive enterprise.