- Siemens Announces Solid Edge 2021Siemens Digital Industries Software announces the Solid Edge 2021 software, which includes design capability enhancements, such as new subdivision modeling and improved reverse engineering performance with new deviation analysis.
- ARM Transfers IoT Platform and Services Businesses to Softbank to Focus on ChipsARM is proposing to transfer its two IoT Services Group (ISG) businesses, IoT Platform and Treasure Data, to new entities that would be owned and operated by parent company SoftBank Group and its affiliates.
- Strict Enforcement of Monitoring Regulations Propels the Emission Monitoring Systems Market
New ARC Advisory Group research on the Emission Monitoring Systems (EMS) market reveals that strict enforcement of monitoring regulations in the developed and developing economies is driving much of the growth in the market. Growth forecasts for the energy sector in Asia and new regulations requiring monitoring of lower emission ranges and new components are also encourage facilitating growth in the emission monitoring systems EMS market. In Asia, China and India are growth markets for EMS. Under global press
- Technological Upgrades and Growing Demand for Water Will Propel the Global Market for Flowmeters
New ARC Advisory Group research on the global flowmeters market reveals that technological improvements are expected to drive growth in this market in the coming years. These include new, more energy-efficient devices; better communication protocols; integration of 3D printing for manufacturing; and Industrial IoT. At the same time, increasing water scarcity and the associated need for new water and wastewater treatment plants will further drive market growth.
- Siemens Gamesa Launches its Next Generation Wind Turbine in India
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy continues leading the way in India, one of the largest onshore markets in the world, with the introduction of its next generation wind turbine, the SG 3.4-145. The new wind turbine is specifically designed and optimized for wind conditions in the country, and has a clear objective to deliver the lowest possible Levelized Cost of Energy (LCoE) with high reliability. The turbine is strongly positioned to cater to the needs of the auction market and aims to further drive the growth of wind power in India.
- Halliburton and TechnipFMC Develop Subsea Acoustic Sensing SystemHalliburton Co. and TechnipFMC have developed Odassea, which they claim is the first distributed Subsea Acoustic Sensing System for subsea wells.
- Azbil to Construct New Factory in Dalian to Expand Valves/Valve Positioners Production in ChinaAzbil Control Instruments (Dalian) Co., Ltd., Azbil’s production subsidiary in Dalian, China, will construct a new factory in Dalian to further strengthen and expand the volume of global production as part of Azbil’s business expansion worldwide.
- Dassault Systèmes Virtual Analyst Event: Experience Is HumanDassault Systèmes (3DS) held its latest Analyst Event virtually. The company’s strategy going forward will focus on Experience Is Human in three major economic areas: Life Sciences and Healthcare, Infrastructure and Cities, and Manufacturing Industries.
- Need for Energy Efficiency Drives the Vortex Flowmeters MarketNew ARC Advisory Group research on the global vortex flowmeters market reveals that manufacturers are monitoring energy usage and efficiency to conserve resources and reduce maintenance costs
- Siemens Digital Industries Software Virtual Analyst Event Focuses on Human-centered InnovationSiemens Digital Industries Software held its first virtual Media & Analyst conference on June 16th and 17th, and it was Focused on Human-centered Innovation
- IT/OT/ET Convergence: Virtual Online AnalyzersIn the IT/ET/OT Convergence session at the 2020 ARC Industry Forum, Gustavo Neumann from Braskem, Latin America's largest petrochemicals company, gave a presentation on that company's implementation of Virtual Online Analyzers (VOA)
- Managing Digital Transformation from Automated to Autonomous OperationsA session at the 2020 ARC Forum focused on the complexity of aligning existing operational technology with new application roll-out plans to Manage Digital Transformation from Automated to Autonomous Operations
- Digitate’s ignio SaaS Suite for the Autonomous Enterprise Available on Microsoft AzureDigitate, a software venture of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), announced that the ignio SaaS suite of AI-driven software for the Autonomous Enterprise is now available on Microsoft Azure.
- Need for Digitalization and Highly Automated Operations of Vessels Drive the Marine Automation Systems MarketNew ARC Advisory Group research on the Marine Automation Systems market reveals that, as seaborne world trade and other maritime activities increase, new automation and digital technologies are being harnessed within the maritime industry.
- SUSE’s Intent to Acquire Rancher Labs Advances Enterprise Kubernetes Management PositionSUSE, an independent open source company, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Rancher Labs, which Advances Enterprise Kubernetes Management Position.
- AVEVA Introduces a New OMI Smart App Embedded with Artificial IntelligenceAVEVA announced the launch of the AVEVA Insight OMI smart app, designed to add real-time artificial intelligence into an operator’s decision-making as well as to help improve overall operational agility.
- Global Demand for Quality Drives the Machine Vision MarketNew ARC Advisory Group research on the Machine Vision (MV) Systems market reveals that the trend toward robotics and smart manufacturing makes machine vision technology an indispensable tool for industrial automation.
- AWS Manufacturing and Industrial IOT Web Day
- 2020 AFPM Summit
Digital Transformation: Case Studies on Developing Programs at Your Companies
FACILITATOR: Peter Reynolds, ARC Advisory Group
SPEAKERS: Douglas White, Emerson Automation Solutions and Todd Dixon, Marathon Petroleum Corporation, Bruce Taylor, Sinclair Oil Corporation
Case studies will be provided from an operating company and solution provider perspective on how to develop and execute a digital transformation program at your company.
- Marine Automation SystemsMarine automation systems have become the most important platform to bridge the gap between or integrate all systems as the backbone of information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) coverage. As the frontline level of digital vessels or connected ships, automation systems are transforming the industry to achieve highly automated operations for new ships or aged vessel repairs and modernization.
- Berkshire Hathaway Buys Dominion Energy Natural Gas Assets in $10 Billion DealWarren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway is spending $4 billion to buy the natural gas assets (transmission and storage) of Dominion Energy.